The Office of Consumer Protection is here to help – The Office of Consumer Protection seeks to protect Montana consumers from, and educate them about, harmful and unfair practices by retail businesses. The Consumer Protection Act prohibits businesses from taking advantage of consumers.
The major responsibilities of the Office of Consumer Protection include
- Providing information to consumers about the Consumer Protection Act
- Enforcing consumer laws designed to protect the consumer from unfair or deceptive business practices
- Assisting consumers by distributing consumer education materials including consumer alerts and scam alerts
- Investigating false, misleading, or deceptive trade practices
- Assisting in the preparation of legislation designed to protect consumers
- Enforcing statutes relating to telephone solicitation and telemarketing
- Participating in multi-jurisdictional actions with other state and federal law enforcement agencies
SOME OF THE LAWS ENACTED INCLUDE
QUICK LINKS TO SOME OF OUR MOST VISITED WEBPAGES
Stay Informed About Unsafe Products
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction.