Charity Care Policies for Montana’s Nonprofit Hospitals
Most of the charity care policies for the 11 major nonprofit hospitals in Montana are available online. Some hospitals may refer to their charity care policies as financial assistance programs. Where the information is available, the following table provides:
- phone numbers for the charity care programs or, where a direct line is not available, the hospital’s general number. Financial offices are typically open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- links to the charity care or financial assistance policies on the hospital websites
Charity Care Phone Numbers and Policies:
- Benefis Healthcare, Great Falls – 455-5000 Patient is transferred depending on circumstances – Financial Assistance Program
- Billings Clinic – 238-2250 or (800) 332-7156 to contact a patient financial representative – Billing/Payment Information/Financial Options
- Bozeman Deaconess Health Services – 522-1720 or (877) 522-1720
- Community Medical Center, Missoula – 541-2801 – Charity Policy
- Holy Rosary Healthcare, Miles City – 233-2596 – Financial Assistance Policy
- Kalispell Regional Medical Center – 756-4408
- Northern Montana Healthcare, Havre – 265-2211 or (800) 352-5097. Patient is transferred to a patient accounts representative
- St. James Healthcare, Butte 723-2484 – Financial Assistance Policy
- St. Patrick Hospital, Missoula 329-2706 – Our Charity Care Policy. Also see Charity Care.
- St. Peter’s Community Hospital, Helena – Foundation Program: 444-2370 or MASH Program: 447-2511 – Patient Assistance Policy
- St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings – 237-3200 – Financial Assistance Policy