We recently completed a major system upgrade. Processing times may be longer than usual while our staff learn the new system. Thank you for your patience. – MVD Team
Mask or face coverings required for ages 5 or older when visiting MVD facilities. If you have symptoms, have been asked to quarantine, or had exposure to COVID-19 within 14 days, please reschedule your appointment.
Renew or Your Driver License or Vehicle Registration Online or By Mail
Medical and vision forms are currently waived. When renewing online, please upload your renewal application where it asks for the medical and vision forms.
COVID-19 Updates and Service Changes
- In-person driver exam appointments and drive tests are available.
- Extensions for standard and commercial driver licenses have expired.
- Due to the improved access to medical providers, no more standard or commercial license expiration extensions are being offered.
- To read the latest Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) COVID-19 updates and information, please visit here.
- The REAL ID deadline has been extended until October 1, 2021.
- Need a replacement Social Security Card? Customers can apply for a replacement card through the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) online system at https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/replacement-card.html.
- Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions on this topic.
- Montana Expands Online Driver License Renewal and Moves Deadlines for Registering Vehicles
- MVD Governor’s Directive #2
- Motor Vehicle Division Announces Changes In Response To COVID-19