Renew Your Driver License or Vehicle Registration Online or By Mail
- Montana Expands Online Driver License Renewal and Moves Deadlines for Registering Vehicles
- Motor Vehicle Division Announces Changes In Response To COVID-19
- Due to the global health crisis and recommendation for social distancing, the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) has made changes to Driver License and Medical Examiner’s Certificates (MEC) expirations. The Governor issued an Executive Order allowing us to extend credentials for an additional 90 days from the date of expiration for March, April and May. We are including Commercial Driver License (CDL) in this order. Driving records will report these licenses as valid in the system but the physical card will show expired. In the situation where a MEC has expired, MVD will not be downgrading them during this time, if they are unable to get into a doctor to obtain a current MEC. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions on this topic.
- The Helena Driver Exam station has temporarily moved from the AAA building to 302 N. Roberts St.
- The REAL ID deadline has been extended until October 1, 2021.