What would you wish for if a child you know is the victim of sexual abuse, internet crime, or is endangered by drug abuse at home?
- Would you wish for an immediate response from specially trained investigators?
- Would you want access to a specially trained and equipped medical provider?
- Would you hope the child did not have to keep telling what happened over and over to different people in different places?
- Would you need someone who could help you learn the best way to take care of the child victim you know?
- How about someone to explain the child protection or criminal justice systems; to tell you what will happen next?
- Would you want information and referrals for mental health care for the child victim and also for the caregivers?
That’s what the Montana Department of Justice wants, too. And it’s why we started the Montana Child Sexual Assault Response Team (MCSART) Program.