Header Image


If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, please call the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-866-820-5437.


When should I contact the Ombudsman?

If you are in any need of assistance in anything related to the Child and Family Services Division or the legal rights of children in Montana, you should contact the Ombudsman.

How do I contact the Ombudsman?

You can call the Ombudsman at 1-844-25CHILD (1-844-252-4453)

Fax the Ombudsman at (406) 444-2759

Email at  [email protected]

or mail the Ombudsman at PO Box 201417, Helena, MT 59620

What happens when I call the Office of the Ombudsman?

Depending on what you need, the Ombudsman may provide resources or referrals to other services that will help get you what you need.

The Ombudsman is also an informational resource, if you are confused about anything related to Child and Family Services, the Ombudsman is able to provide an explanation.

The Ombudsman may also ask that you complete a Request for Assistance if you have a problem that may need a review.

When will I hear back from the Office of the Ombudsman?

You will hear back from the Ombudsman through call or email within 3 days of the initial contact. This will be an initial contact and does not mean that your case has been assigned to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman will contact you when your case has been opened.

Skip to content