Attorney General Fox speaks at DOJ’s first Crime Victim Forum. The event took place at the UGF campus in Great Falls on April 12, 2016.
Crime victim advocates provide free, confidential help and services to crime victims throughout Montana. Such services and help include:
- Helping victims recover property or restitution.
- Explaining a court proceeding and offering a safe, secure place during proceedings.
- Providing crisis counseling, emotional support and guidance.
- Informing victims of their rights.
- Helping victims work with their employers if a victim has to miss work because of a trial.
- Informing victims of state programs like Crime Victim Compensation, Address Confidentiality and the Forensic Rape Exam Payment Program.
Montana’s crime victim advocates are affiliated with local programs and located throughout the state.