The 13-member advisory board represents law enforcement, prosecutors, defense attorneys and the private sector. The board acts in an advisory capacity and is charged with:
- providing feedback to the Attorney General and crime lab administration on the work the lab produces;
- fostering better communication between user agencies (many of which are represented on the board) and the laboratory, and
- suggesting improvements to the lab and its policies and procedures.
The advisory board also acts as the designated body to provide independent external investigations into any allegations of negligence or misconduct that might affect the integrity of the lab’s forensic results.
- Bryan Lockerby – Administrator, Division of Criminal Investigation, Helena
- Kurt Aughney – Policy Specialist, Department of Corrections, Helena
- Tim Fox - Montana Attorney General, Helena
- Craig Couture – Chief of Police, Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribe, Pablo
- Katherine Bidegaray – District Court Judge, Richland County, Sidney
- Bill Hooks – Chief Public Defender, Butte
- Glen Meier – Sheriff, Valley County, Glasgow
- Brooke Marshall – Executive Director, Montana Board of Crime Control, Helena
- Ron Price – Police Chief, Bozeman Police Department, Bozeman
- Scott Twito – County Attorney, Yellowstone County, Billings