The following documents are available to download, fill in, save, and print. You may fill the form in on your computer, save, and print the completed form. To save type-in text on the PDF form, you must have Adobe Reader 7.03 or later. Please thoroughly complete the form to include contact information (phone number and email) and provide sufficient item description. Follow any instructions carefully. Forms cannot be submitted online.
By submitting evidence and/or an Intoxilyzer to the Montana Forensic Science Division, your agency agrees to and acknowledges the following:
- Evidence will be examined and analyzed in accordance with established laboratory sampling plans and capabilities, utilizing validated methods, instrumentation, and deviations (when applicable). As needed, laboratory personnel will contact the submitting agency to clarify requests or obtain additional information to assist in analysis.
- Laboratory or calibration reports will be formatted in accordance with the laboratory’s policies and information not provided per accreditation requirements, will be retained and available upon request. This information is outlined on the DOJ FSD website under “Simplified Reports.”
- Toxicology submissions: The laboratory reserves the right to outsource testing to external reference labs if it directly affects the final interpretation of the case; this may be based on requests from submitting agency, case history, and internal testing results.
- Syringe evidence will be treated as residue evidence. Please see the current syringe policy here.
- Sample consumption consent (removed): The Biology section will no longer initiate “Consumption Letters” for samples that will be used in their entirety during analysis, in order to obtain the best results based on the case history. Generally, consumption of a sample will apply to hairs, limited, and contact samples. If consumption of a sample is not acceptable to the customer, the customer is responsible for notifying the laboratory of such a request at the time an item is submitted to the Laboratory. These letters were initially based on older technology that did not have the sensitivity of the current methods. In addition, this alteration will considerably improve turn-around times for certain cases. Contact the DNA Supervisor with any questions.
|Title||Description||Revised Date||Downloadable Format|
|Evidence Submission Form||Used to submit evidence for examination to the Chemistry, DNA/Serology, Impression, and/or Firearm/Toolmark Sections.||9/20|
|Chemistry Evidence Submission Form - Billings||Used to submit Chemistry evidence for examination to the Eastern Crime Lab in Billings, in cases without any other evidence types or requests.||9/20|
|Clan Lab Memo of Understanding||Used when submitting clandestine lab evidence.||12/23|
|DUI/Toxicology Submission Form||Used by law enforcement agencies to submit toxicology evidence for DUI or miscellaneous drug/alcohol analysis.||9/20|
|Urinalysis Toxicology Submission Form||Used by law enforcement agencies to submit toxicology evidence for urine drug/alcohol analysis.||9/20|
|Coroner-ME Toxicology Submission Form||Used by Coroners and Medical Examiners to submit toxicology evidence for drug/alcohol analysis.||9/20|
|Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault Toxicology||Used by law enforcement agencies to submit toxicology evidence in suspected sexual assault cases.||9/20|
|Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit Form||Used by SANE nurses when performing a Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit.||7/20||Step 1 PDF |
Step 2 PDF
Step 3 PDF
Step 4 PDF
Step 5 PDF
Step 8 PDF
Step 9 PDF (Female)
Step 9 PDF (Male)
Step 11 PDF
Step 12 PDF