From investigating bid rigging to walking you through the process of registering or licensing certain businesses, the Office of Consumer Protection doesn’t just work for consumersOCP
We enforce Montana’s laws and rules related to:
- consumer protection – preventing unfair and deceptive conduct towards consumers
- antitrust – bid rigging, price fixing and monopoly abuses
- telemarketing – registration and do-not-call lists
- the Personal Solicitation Sales Act – regulation of door-to-door sales
- other issues such as credit counseling, gift cards, home inspectors and Montana’s Lemon Law
Additionally, this office licenses debt management companies and registers debt settlement companies. Please see this page or contact our office for more information on these processes.
Businesses wishing to advertise or do business in Montana are strongly encouraged to read the chapter of the Administrative Rules of Montana that relates to the Consumer Protection Act.