The Gaming Advisory Council (GAC), created in 1989, advises on public policy matters related to gaming, including:
- amendments to the gambling statutes
- additional or modified departmental rules
- clarification of existing rules
- operation of the Gambling Control Division
The Gaming Advisory Council submits a report to the Department of Justice that is included as part of the Gambling Control Division Biennial Report prepared for the legislature.
Under state law, the council is made up of nine members. Legislative leaders select the legislative members while the attorney general appoints the remaining members.
- Tim Carson – Gaming Industry, Billings
- Jed Fitch – Local Government, Dillon
- Mike Kenneally – Gaming Industry, Butte
- Mark Kennedy – Public at Large, Billings
- Bob McAnally – Native Americans, Poplar
- Steve Morris – Gaming Industry, Helena
- Kevin Myhre – Local Government, Lewistown
- Casey Schreiner – House of Representatives, Great Falls
- Mark Blasdel – Senate, Kalispell
Next GAC Meeting
Date: January 29, 2016
Location: Helena, MT.
Meeting Agenda: Agenda